Monday, February 11, 2013

Cookies, Carnivals and Petunias

The last few weeks have been a little crazy around here. I have had thousands of boxes of girl scout cookies come in my door and then out my door. There's something about unloading 300 cases of cookies into your dining room in the morning and then carrying those same 300 cases out the door in the evening that makes you think - why am I doing this?? Surely there is a better way...but I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow.

Yes I know - I'm a Gone With the Wind junkie ;)

Finally everyone in my house can stop tiptoeing around me since our school's Winter Carnival is over. Seriously I woke up this morning and it took me 3 hours just to make my bed! I'm lost without that huge project forcing me to be busy. I'm very certain that my family was scared to ask me for anything in the last two weeks. My son started walking down two flights of stairs to go to the basement bathroom since his bathroom was out of toilet paper. He was terrified to ask me for anything. Maybe all that ranting about if one more person asks me for something I'm going to skewer them might have scared him a little. Hmm....Oh well we are now fully restocked so he shouldn't have to worry about it.

Now on to the good stuff with Little Petunia! I've been cranking out orders lately like crazy. I've teamed up with several shops on etsy and facebook to have a huge giveaway once I reach 1000 likes. I'm only a little over 200 away so share the facebook page and we can get the party going! There's several 40.00 gift cards to etsy shops included in the giveaway and Little Petunia is one of them!

Have you noticed the fantastic pictures that I've been posting in my listings and on facebook? Those are courtesy of Amy Sauder Photography. She is a local photographer who specializes in outdoor photography sessions. I can't tell you enough how wonderful she is with the kids she photographs. I'm definitely a behind the scenes kind of person. Working with the talent is not for me. I'd rather make their pretty clothes and have her deal with the rest.

The partnership that you guys voted for is working out so well! Misty over at Poco Diva has been so great to work with. She is busy working on all kinds of headbands and hair accessories to match my outfits. One of my favorite collaborations so far with both Amy and Misty has got to be this photo. It just all looks great!


I'm still working on getting more shops involved in the giveaway. I'm looking specifically for party package shops. I'd love to feature a shop with birthday packages that match my clothing. 

~Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment