Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lisa Kay Designs

This week's featured shop is Lisa Kay Designs. She offers printables for every kind of party you can think of. Her cowboy party is what caught my eye to begin with. It looks perfect with my Jessie and Woody Inspired outfits. She's so easy to work with and I just know you will love her! The only issue I can find with her is that she's a gator fan. Go VOLS!!!




Where are you located?
Palmetto, Florida (Tampa Bay Area, west coast of Florida)

A little about me...
I'm a happy-go-lucky, kick-rear single mother, woman, and artist trying to find an independent way to make a buck and call myself a success. I love to laugh but am blessed (or cursed) with the inherent need to overthink everything. My family is my reason for everything and what lifts me up and carries me through.

How did you get started?
I discovered my love of design while studying Public Relations at the University of Florida (Go Gators!) and developed the love and my skills working various Marketing jobs since graduating. It has only been the past few years that I realized what I'm really supposed to do with my life (other than be a mother). My cousin threw a huge Jurassic Park party for her son, and I offered to create the printable decorations. I had so much fun creating everything and felt this huge feeling of purpose when I saw the party and realized that I had a hand in creating such an amazing event. After that, I was hooked and haven't looked back.

What inspires you?
Everything. I know, that's a simple answer, but it is the truth. I am one of those irritating people that can look at something and almost always figure out how it works. I'm not saying I am an engineer of any sort, but I get the general idea of what makes things tick. I'm constantly looking at something, and thinking "that would make a great party".

Pinterest is another source of inspiration for me. There are so many people out there that think so far outside the box, so I am obsessed with taking their ideas and twisting them into something completely my own. One of my goals is to be one of those people that inspires others to create.

Hobbies/Interests?
It took me years to be able to say and believe the words, "I am an artist", so you can guess that I love pretty much anything crafty. I'm a geek, so you can more often than not find me on my computer, but I still love to get my hands dirty.

I sculpt copper and build things out of wood. I paint and glue things. I love to sew, and I love to cook even more. Anything and everything that helps me learn and gives me almost instant gratification is on my radar. I love to write even though I don't do quite enough of it.

And I LOVE being a mom. I love seeing that wonderful and kind little personality develop, and I am humbled with the knowledge that I had a hand in shaping who he is. What can I say? I'm a lucky lady!

Thank you Lisa!!! You can find her shop here. Be sure to check out her facebook page here - she offers seasonal freebies!








No comments:

Post a Comment